Well June is officially in the books. With Danielle spending the weeks in Wichita for her summer clerkship and me being pretty busy at work, it has been pretty dull. Highlights so far: Schmidt wedding in Daytona Beach, 311 concert at City Market, Fridays meeting Danielle in Lawrence for dinner and cocktails, golfing with Shaun on Tuesday nights, and of course getting to spend time with the getting-cuter-every-day niece of mine Lyla. The Kansas Basketball recruiting thing has been wild, but getting old. Excited for football to start.
Went to the driving range with Danielle the other day. She has already got some experience by playing with her firm in a scramble. She plays again tomorrow so we'll see if our day on the range helps any. She seems reluctant to take instruction from me.....
My XBox suffered from the Red Ring of Death, which means that it doesn't work and I have to send it in to get it fixed. Danielle took the Wii to Wichita and doesn't even use it. So I've mostly been watching a bunch of crappy movies and reading in my free time. I am currently reading 3 books, which I don't normally do, just having a hard time sticking with any one of them (except Harry Potter for some reason).
Belly seems increasingly bored with me. Danielle thought he looked fat last time she was home. I admit that neither one of us is getting enough exercise, just too hot. Also, he's a bulldog....and I'm lazy.
Well one more day of work, then off to Stockton for an extended weekend. Pretty excited to be home and see the fam and friends. Danielle's parent bought a camper, and then told us to bring the tent home, so we'll see if we make the camper roster or are delegated to the tent. Whit and Shaun promised they would be bringing Lyla home despite just being there for a week and a half and just getting back to KC on Sunday, so we are very excited to see her some more. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be able to teach her to say "Uncle Bryant" for her first words. She's pretty close, but sounds more like a squeal/cry right now.
Well Danielle just called and apparantly I'm supposed to be packing so I can be ready to leave tomorrow. Slight chance of thunderstorms for the drive home. Better put the top up :(
All for now...told you it was dull.
-Bryant (Danielle & Belly)
No comments:
Post a Comment