Well...my due date is here and yet we still don't have an "outside" baby! I actually am a little surprised, I really thought I would go early...or at least I hoped I would.
At my appointment this past Tuesday, much to my disappointment, I was informed that I had not progressed any since the previous appointment. Dr. Hodny told me that until I am at firm "2" he would rather not schedule an induction. However, the next day I received a call from his office telling me that I am scheduled for an induction on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 6:00 A.M. I am getting more and more impatient by the day, and as long as Dr. Hodny thinks that it is safe to induce on Tuesday, I am all for it. Obviously I would prefer to have her naturally before then, but if I still don't have a baby by Tuesday, I'm not going to complain!
I think there are a few reasons that he has decided to induce me. The first reason being that there are concerns of her getting TOO big; the second being the possibility of depletion of amniotic fluid; but I think that the most likely reason is that Dr. Hodny will be going out of town from next Wednesday to the following Tuesday... While it is not a huge deal to me that Dr. Hodny is in fact the doctor that ultimately delivers Remy, it is preferable for obvious reasons. Although, it won't be the end of the world if Dr. Lloyd or Dr. Fort is the delivery doctor either. I would probably be more concerned if there had been any complications, but since everything has been so normal, I'm not too worried.
Over the past few nights I have had a few glimpses at contractions, but nothing that seems to be too painful and obviously none that have been productive. Every morning I wake up to a little disappointment that I made it through another night without going into labor...but we know that she'll be here soon enough. I seriously can't believe that she could literally be here at any moment and that she will likely be here within just a few days! Everything at home is ready for her and I know both Bryant & I are having trouble concentrating at work.
Our days (and possibly hours) as a family of two are numbered and we couldn't possibly be more excited! I think every conversation either of us have had in the past few weeks has been centered around when Remy will arrive. (And I mean EVERY conversation...between the two of us or with anyone that either of us runs into!) We cannot wait to see our Remy Cakes' beautiful little face and to hold her for the very first time. I can definitely say that Bryant & I have never looked forward to something so much in our lives. Remy, we have already loved you for months and can't wait to see how much more our hearts are capable of! :)
Unless I get really bored in the next few days I imagine my next post will be sharing the details of our little girl's arrival. Wish us luck! :)
Love & Contractions,
Bryant, Danielle, Remy & Belly
No comments:
Post a Comment