- I finished my first year of law school! I am officially a 2L and 1/3 of a lawyer...scaaarrry.
- I moved to Wichita in the middle of May and began my summer career as a law clerk for the law firm of Martin Pringle. At first I was extremely homesick, missing Bryant, Belly and our home, but now feel a little more comfortable in my new surroundings. The firm is great! I really enjoy all of the attorneys I work with and even like doing the crazy research projects that they give me. It's still hard for me to believe that I'm dealing with "real" clients with "real" legal issues. They have been keeping me incredibly busy with work, social events, and lawyer league softball. (16 different law firms in Wichita get together every Tuesday night...play softball, drink beer, and then go to a bar for more beer following the games.) Luckily it's only semi-competitive. :)
- Lyla Blake Fuller arrived on May 18, 2009! As you all already know by now, Whitney & Shaun had their first baby girl almost 3 weeks ago...an early surprise! She was born the day after I left for Wichita...apparently she didn't hear me when I told Whitney to make sure she had her on the weekend so I could be there for her arrival! :) She is perfect! :) She is doing great, and is at home with her mom & dad who have already gotten this parenting thing down! Bryant has gotten to see her a few times and I have only gotten to see her once...he keeps rubbing it in too! He has been bragging about her to everyone we know...I know of at least 3 guys that are already wrapped around her tiny little finger! Whitney & Shaun are doing great! They are glad to be home with Lyla and I'm sure Bentley is equally pleased.
- Bryant & I were able to go back home for Memorial Day weekend. It was, as always, a great time! We hung out with family & friends on the newly created sand beach at the cabin and enjoyed the jet-ski and boat! Verl took the boat out and Bryant skied...luckily Verl was nice and Bryant didn't end up too sore! ;) Belly loved being at the lake too! He was pretty excited to swim around and of course bring us any and all sticks that he could find in the water. We also got to see my parents a few times for some food and laughs! We drove Bryant's Jeep Wrangler home with the top down which was alot of fun! I learned how to drive a stick-shift! Turns out it's not that bad-Bryant's a pretty good teacher...it takes alot of patience to teach me! We even got to take the Jeep through the river!
- Our friends John & Laura are officially Mr. & Mrs. Schmidt! Bryant & I went to their wedding in Daytona Beach, Florida a little over a week ago. It was perfect and so much fun! We were able to go Thursday to Monday so we had plenty of time hanging out on the beach with some of our favorite people! Everything was amazing...we ate, drank, laughed, and played in the sun & sand. I'll let Bryant blog more about stories from the trip! :)
- After getting back from Florida we were able to stop in and see Lyla, Whitney, Shaun & Ruthie. I finally got to hold her...she really is just perfect! I was thinking about taking her home with me, but I'm pretty sure Bentley wouldn't have let me get within 5 feet of the door with her! :) He seemed a little nervous when I picked her up out of the crib...he's keeping a good eye on her! Whitney looks amazing and definitely does not look like she was pregnant less than 3 weeks ago! I'm really looking forward to seeing Lyla again this coming weekend, although I'm sure Bryant will try to see her earlier this week...lucky! :)
- This past week has been great! After getting back from Florida, Farmers sent Bryant to Wichita to help out with claims...which meant that we got to be together this whole week! We were both pretty busy during the week with work, but we managed to make it to the firm's softball game where we both played. I was awful...and managed to strike out...TWICE! Bryant did a great job and I was able to introduce him to several of the attorneys I work with. The next day they all told me what a great guy I had...as if I didn't already know! :) They also said that he is more than welcome to come back and play on our team anytime!
- Finally...this weekend we stayed in Wichita and got to know the area a little better. There really is alot to do here! We had some really great dinners and went out on Saturday night with my friend Alicia, Bryant's cousin Carver and Carver's brother-in-law Austin. Carver's wife Cherina was out of town, so we didn't get to see her...guess we'll all just have to go out again soon! :) We had alot of drinks and alot of fun! It was sad to send Bryant & Belly home today, but I will get to see them again this weekend for Bryant's birthday! I think we are planning on going to a concert or a Royals game...should be a great weekend with lots of stories to blog about!
Until next time,
Bryant, Danielle & Belly
No comments:
Post a Comment