
We have officially decided to put our house on the market! We don't actually have to move until August 2011 - but we figured with the current real estate market that we might as well get a head start and see if we can get rid of it before then. Since we are putting the house up so early, we run the risk of someone buying it right away and having to put everything in storage and rent an apartment until I finish up school and taking the BAR. But, after weighing all the options - we figured this risk is minor in comparison to being stuck with a mortgage payment after we have to move in August.
We still don't know where we will be living at this time next year - but are hoping to get everything settled sooner than later. Right now there are not any interviewing opportunities through the law school and nobody seems to be accepting applications. Hopefully in the Spring there will be more law firms interviewing on campus - but I'm not holding my breath... I am actually surprised at how I've handled the unknown so far. I am a CRAZY planner and normally not knowing if/where I will have a job upon graduation and where we will be living would put me over the edge. Now, I'm not saying that I'm not worried and stressed over it - but I am definitely not at the point I thought I would be. I think Bryant's "it'll all work out" attitude is starting to wear off on me finally! :) At least one can hope...
This past week we have been going through everything in the house to try to de-clutter and make it presentable to sell. It is amazing how much stuff we have accumulated over the past 2 years of living here! We are having a garage sale on Saturday to see if we can get some of the stuff off our hands. I'm a little worried that people will be disappointed when they find out we don't have any kids clothes or toys for sale... My nephew, Ethan (7 years old) called me the other day to ask, "What's Bryant giving up for the garage sale?" He has been eye-balling all of Bryant's "toys" for years! It was pretty hilarious - and I'm sure he'll be disappointed to know that stuff isn't for sale. He did however inform me that a garage sale isn't exactly a "garage sale" if toys aren't involved. Oh well - it's worth a try! :)
We plan on putting the house up within the next few weeks or so - after we do some minor fixes. We are planning on trying to do the For Sale By Owner thing at first to see if it'll work out. It will be more work but the money we will save by not using an agent will be totally worth it! If you know anybody who is looking for a place in Eudora - send them our way! :)
Hope everybody is doing well and has a GREAT Halloween! We are so excited to see pictures of everybody's costumes!
Bryant, Danielle & Belly
No comments:
Post a Comment