Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Falling Leaves

October has been good to us so far. (Can't believe it's already almost over!) This is my absolute favorite time of year! I really don't think there is a more beautiful place to live than Lawrence in the fall. There are so many trees here that during the Fall it looks like it is actually raining leaves all day! It is amazing to see this on campus everyday! It makes going to school a little easier...

A few weeks ago we went to the NBA game at the Sprint Center - Miami Heat v. Oklahoma City Thunder. It was so much fun! We went out at P&L and then stayed the night on the Plaza. The next day we went to John & Laura Schmidt's house to visit Jude! What a doll! :) We can't wait until we get to see him again!

I have been crazy busy with school lately and had my "Fall Break" last week. It wasn't much of a break since I spent the entire time working on school stuff. I hate this time of year - right in the middle of the semester - it always seems like anxiety sets in. I start to realize all the stuff I have been slacking off on and it always scares me that I have finals coming up in the next month and a half. I also have to take the MPRE (the ethics portion of the BAR exam) in a couple of weeks. I'm not incredibly worried about it, but I suppose I should probably start studying... At the end of this week I enroll for the Spring semester - my FINAL semester! WAHHHHHHOOOOOO! :)

Bryant had his last softball last night - sadly I don't think they ended up with a winning record. Oh well - they had fun and that's all that matters, right?! :) Last week Verl came up and went to the KU/KSU football game with Bryant. I think they had a pretty great time, even though it was a massacre. The next night Bryant, Shaun, Whitney, Lyla & I all went out to dinner with Verl. After dinner we went back to Shaun & Whitney's and I'm pretty sure we heard Lyla say "moo" for the first time - while pointing at a cow in her book! :) So exciting! The week before, Ruthie came up to watch Lyla for a few days so we were able to see and spend time with her as well! It's great when they come up to visit, but I think it just makes us miss home even more. Some day we'll be home for good...some day...

Speaking of home, we are planning on going back for pheasant hunting on November 13 and also get to go home for Thanksgiving as well! This is the first year in several that we are going home for Thanksgiving. Usually we stay in town and go to the KU/Mizzou football game at Arrowhead - but I think we are going to skip that this year. KU football...ugh! I hate to be "that fan" but I really am looking forward to basketball season.

This coming weekend is Homecoming at KU which is always a good time! My good friend Perrin will be coming into town - so I'm sure we'll be doing lots of tailgating on game day! :)

Hope all is well!

Bryant, Danielle & Belly

2 comments:

  1. Wish I was able to see Lawrence in the fall! SO jealous! I am also bummed we aren't making it out for Homecoming. However, next year we will for sure. Flights will be free and we gotta bring the little one out for his/her first KU experience. Can't wait. Have a great weekend! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were coming to Homecoming too - we had so much fun last year! Campus looks amazing as usual...but while I love seeing it - I am excited that this will be the LAST Fall I am in school! Can't wait for next year - hopefully I get to meet Baby B before then though! :)

    ReplyDelete