Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, August 15, 2011

M.A.J.O.R. Life Changes

Well once again I will begin by apologizing for being such an awful blogger. My last blog was in April and at that time, as my previous post states, we were drinking a lot of champagne! Bryant & I were both going through MANY changes - most of which were very exciting...some which were a little scary. Since April we have had even MORE changes - and even MORE champagne! :) Let's break this down by month...

May:
05.02.11: Bryant moved home and began his new job as the Branch Manager of Farmers National Bank in Stockton. He trained for a few weeks in Phillipsburg at the main branch location and quickly caught on. Around the middle to late May he started in the Stockton office and has been loving it ever since! He has been doing a great job and is really excited about everything he is learning. We couldn't be happier with how well this new career change has gone!

05.06.11: I celebrated my 26th birthday - by studying for finals... Thank God this is the last year this will happen! :)

05.13.11: Belly & I joined Bryant and officially began living in Stockton at Ruthie & Verl's house. We couldn't be more grateful or appreciative to Ruthie & Verl for letting us (and Belly) stay with them for several weeks.

05.18.11: Lyla celebrated her 2nd birthday and Jenna celebrated her 1st birthday. Luckily we were able to see each of these sweet little girls at their birthday parties. They are both getting so big so fast it's unbelievable! Lyla is really starting to talk ALOT (in sentences) and Jenna is everywhere and in everything. Love watching these two little girls grow!

05.19.11: My baby sister graduated from 8th grade! Holy cow...she's going to be in high school and will be driving a car soon. Watching her grow up makes me very proud - yet also makes me a little sad...it's going too fast! I am so glad that we are now living back home so we can watch more of her sporting events throughout her next four years in high school.

05.21.11: I graduated from law school! WHOOOHOOOOO! This day had been highly anticipated! While it seemed to drag on forever - and at many times I actually thought that I would NEVER make any money - it has finally came to an end. My entire family and Bryant's entire family were able to make it to the graduation ceremony and we all went out for dinner to celebrate after. Later that night Bryant & I celebrated with our KC friends at John & Laura Schmidt's house. It was a fantastic weekend!

05.28.11: We celebrated my law school graduation (again) at my parent's house with all of our friends and family from Stockton. Again, it was an awesome party and we were all able to enjoy several margaritas. Not only do I have my J.D., but I can also make a pretty mean margarita after that night! :)

05.30.11: I began working as the Assistant County Attorney for Rooks County. I wasn't able to really get too involved over the summer while I was studying to take the Kansas Bar, but I was able to start getting familiar with everything and everyone. During this time I was getting very excited about passing the Bar and finally being able to REALLY start working.

June:

06.11.11: We moved into our new home in Stockton! So far throughout the months of June & July we made a few renovations and have been unpacking and trying to find a place for everything. The house has been wonderful and we have spent many nights hanging out on the back porch enjoying the summer with our friends. Since moving home I have been able to join the Bunco group (so much fun!), Bryant has been able to go golfing almost every Tuesday night for Men's Night and he also played on a softball team every Wednesday night. We are definitely staying busy. We couldn't be happier to be back home! We are really looking forward to our future here.

06.12.11: We celebrated Bryant's 29th birthday...by unpacking and cleaning the new house. Someday we will figure out how to celebrate our birthdays with a little fun! :)

06.13.11: My newest nephew, Eli Jacob Long, arrived! Born right on time, Mandy delivered a perfectly healthy baby boy. Both mama and baby have been doing great. He is such a doll and luckily we have been able to see him a few times this summer even though we moved back to Stockton and Mandy lives in Olathe. We were worried about how much we would still see Mandy & her family and Whitney & her family, but so far we have actually be able to see both of their families quite a bit!

July

07.04.11: Happy Fourth of July! We celebrated the weekend by hanging out at the lake with both of our families, including Mandy, Justin, Alex, Ethan and Eli - AND Whitney, Shaun & Lyla. It was a great weekend and was one of the last chances I would have for the rest of the summer to have any fun. For the next 3 weeks or so I would live in pure hell as I studied for the bar exam that was quickly approaching.

07.26.11 - 07.27.11: I took the Bar. This was definitely the most nervous I had EVER been! I was nauseous the entire 2 days and couldn't sleep or eat. It was a miserable week and I hope and pray that I never have to take that test again. It will take 6 weeks to get my results in, so I should find out if I passed around the middle of September! Wish me luck and keep praying for me.

07.29.11 - 07.31.11: We headed to Estes Park, CO to celebrate Bryant's Grandma Ostmeyer's 90th birthday party! We had a great weekend and it was so fun to see all of the Ostmeyers. While it was a short trip we are so happy that we were able to make it and to celebrate such a memorable event with everyone.

07.31.11: Believe it or not - Bryant & I celebrated our FIRST ANNIVERSARY! Neither of us can believe that it has already been an entire year since the day we got married. We spent the day driving back from Estes Park, so we weren't able to do anything too exciting, but we did spend the day together and had so much fun remembering all the amazing parts of our wedding day one year ago. After we got home we ate a piece of our wedding cake, drank champagne, and took a shot of tequila that we brought home from our honeymoon! Cheers to many more! :)

08.01.11: I began working at Ed Hageman's private office, in addition to working as the Assistant County Attorney for Rooks County. Currently I am working under a temporary license, but hopefully by the end of September I will be fully licensed! Again...pray for me! :)

08.13.11: Bryant & I headed to St. Louis to celebrate the wedding of Grant Burchfield and Emily Varese. Bryant & Grant were fraternity brothers at KU and have been great friends ever since. Bryant stood up with Grant as one of his best men. The wedding weekend was definitely memorable and amazing! Grant & Emily thought of every detail and really made it special. We both felt very lucky to celebrate such an important day with them. Congratulations Grant & Emily! We love you both.

Whew! That was exhausting! Now that we're all caught up I'll try to stay more in touch and blog a little more. :) We hope that you have all enjoyed your summer and continue to enjoy what is left of it! (I'll try to add corresonding pictures soon.)

Love,

Bryant, Danielle & Belly

No comments:

Post a Comment