6 weeks...that's it?!?! I have a feeling that the next several months are going to crawllllll by. Everybody keeps telling me that it will fly by, but for now I have my doubts! :) I can't believe I have to wait 4 MORE weeks until I even get to go see the doctor for the first time!
Currently, Baby M is the size of a sweet pea and is growing like a weed! The weekly updates also tell me that Baby M is getting eyes, ears, a nose, a chin, and cheeks! Sounds like this little Poppy Seed is starting to look more like a baby and less like a tad pole! :) {Baby M, it looks like we are going to keep calling you "Our Poppy Seed Baby" for awhile, even though we know that you are already MUCH bigger than that. The nickname just seemed to stick and we think it suits you!}
6 weeks is definitely a weird time in pregnancy world - I don't feel or look pregnant and really the only difference in my day-to-day life is that I am living without wine! :) Well, I suppose there are some other differences, like trying to eat more "balanced" meals; going on nightly walks with Bryant & Belly; and drinking water, water, and more water. Normally I don't drink nearly as much water as I should, but lately I have been INCREDIBLY thirsty, so it has been really easy to get in the right daily amount. I still feel great - and I have only had a few afternoons where I felt a little sick to my stomach. I am definitely feeling tired, but that's not unusual.
Our excitement is increasing by the day and I CANNOT wait to start baby shopping! Luckily we have an empty room right across the hall from our bedroom that will be Baby M's new room. We couldn't be happier about filling it in the Spring! :)
A piece of advice that we received from several friends and family this week is to start looking for daycare now. Both Bryant & I will definitely have to go back to work after Baby M is born, so daycare is definitely in our future. I called one tonight and hopefully will hear back on whether or not we have a spot for next June soon. It is just crazy that we are already enrolling in daycare!
This weekend we are heading to Topeka and Manhattan for a golfing/shopping trip with Bryant's family. I am looking forward to doing some shopping since we are heading to Florida in 2 weeks for vacation with Bryant's family again! So excited! Hopefully all of these fun trips will make the time fly by. I should also be hearing back soon about whether or not I passed the Kansas Bar. Pray for me.
Until Week 7...
Bryant, Danielle, Belly & Our Poppy Seed Baby
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH how did I miss this?!?!?!?!?!?? I blame a stupid thing called W.O.R.K. Yayyy! Yayy! Yayyy! SO SO SO happy for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS :) Can't wait to follow your journey on here!
ReplyDelete