Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Twenty Ten


We're baaaccckkk! I've asked Bryant to blog every night for the past several months and still can't get him to do it - so here I go (again)!

Life has been pretty eventful for the past few months. In November we decided to add to our little family - and got another bulldog! We named her Peanut Butter (Peanut for short)...it only seemed fitting to have Peanut Butter & Belly! We didn't know this before, but apparently boy and girl bulldogs are VERY different. She has been alot to handle and is definitely not the lazy, calm and boring bulldog that Belly is. She has a ton of energy and seems even more stubborn than Belly...if that is even possible! We're still working on house-breaking her and trying to teach her to leave Belly alone. Poor Belly has not enjoyed having his face chewed on by Peanut every waking second. Although, he does seem to be enjoying getting a treat every time Peanut does something good, especially since he has done nothing to deserve them! haha

In law school news - I'm half way done! :) I think I've already mentioned this in a prior post, but I took another job in Wichita for this summer. I am living with a paralegal that works for the law firm this time. She has a loft in Old Town and has an extra room that is already furnished. I'm hoping this summer is better than last and I definitely think having a roommate will help. Cross your fingers! There will be lots of decisions to make after this summer...mostly where do we want to live and work after I graduate?! We've been considering moving back home to Stockton, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what our opportunities are! :)

Work for Bryant hasn't been too crazy lately. Last month he was doing several (at least 3) claims a day and even on the weekend, but it seems to have calmed back down again. KU Basketball consumes most of his free time - between watching games, checking sports blogs and reading every article that has ever been written on KU - it keeps him pretty busy! :) We've actually been able to go to a couple of games which was awesome! *Of course we won!* Bryant loves being at the Fieldhouse - as soon as he walks in his face lights up like a little boy on Christmas morning! Bryant & Shaun get to go to one more game together this year - KU v. K-State...should be a good one! :)

While Bryant is consumed by KU Basketball, I have been consumed by wedding planning! We have reached the 6 month count-down! It seems like I get a new package in the mail everyday! **I love it!** I've been keeping a Wedding Checklist and there is not much left to do. I will probably be a little sad when the wedding planning is over...it really has been so much fun! Right now I'm at the point where I am just looking for things to personalize - what else can I stick our names on?! haha Bryant & I are going next week to look at suit rentals...I'm sure it won't take long, Bryant is not too picky. We're getting very excited for the Honeymoon which will be in The Riviera Maya in Mexico...really looking forward to some warm weather!!! If it snows one more time this winter I am going to scream! Last weekend (Valentine's Weekend) we went to Kansas City to do our Engaged Encounter for the Catholic church. One more thing to check off the list! :) While it made for a veryyyyyy long weekend, it was nice to have some time together without computers, phones, wedding planning & KU Basketball (although, Bryant did drain his phone battery one day checking the score from the KU game!)

We have both been dieting for the wedding, which is also our New Year's Resolution. We've been doing pretty good with the exception of the weekends...it's just so hard! We've figured out that JUST one beer or JUST one glass of wine throws off an otherwise good calorie day...dang it! :) Bryant of course has lost nearly twice as much as I have...go figure!

2010 is going to be a CRAZY year. With all the wedding planning, wedding parties, showers, etc. it is going to be busy! On top of all of that, Nate & Julie are getting married in May, as well as my sister Mandy and her fiance Justin. We're so excited for both of them & can't wait for their parties & showers also! In 2010 baby news, not only are my brother Jamie & his wife Jill having a baby in May, but we also found out that our good friends John & Laura Schmidt are having their first baby in September! :) We couldn't be happier for all of them - what a great year!

Well...I'm sure I'm leaving out several important things, but I'll try to do this more often this year - so I won't have so much to remember next time! Since we missed it before, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Valentine's Day! :)

Until next time,

Danielle, Bryant, Peanut Butter & Belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment