Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Holy Cow!

I just started looking back to when the last time we blogged was...April?!?! Here we go again, although this time I'm not making any promises about Bryant blogging, since we all know he won't. :)

Well...SO much has happened since April! It was definitely an amazing summer with LOTS of love and weddings! What more could you ask for?

In April, Laura Schmidt and Alicia Gourley threw a lingerie shower for me - everything was so cute and perfect! Lots of pink! :) So many friends and family came to KC for it and we had an incredible time!



In May, I finished my second year of law school! Yay! :) After finals I moved to Wichita to start working at a new law firm for the summer. (I'll spare you the details - but working was great and I even had a pretty great time in Wichita!) After working for a whole 3 days, Bryant & I flew off to Jamaica to watch our two best friends get married! What an amazing trip! We had the best time ever - 5 nights at an awesome resort with so many of our best friends! Congrats Nate & Julie! We came home with so many funny stories - most involving the infamous Tyler Muir... Also in May, we officially welcomed our new brother-in-law Justin to our family! My sister Mandy got married to Justin in my parent's backyard. It was such a beautiful wedding and was one of the sweetest ceremonies I've ever been to. Also, since it was such a small wedding, they had karaoke rather than a dance! SO MUCH FUN! :) During this month we celebrated Lyla's 1st birthday - and the arrival of our newest niece Jenna Reyne Berland (Jamie & Jill's daughter). Lyla & Jenna were born exactly one year apart - WEIRD! We have been having so much fun with all of our nieces and nephews (well I guess there is just one nephew right now!) and are so happy we have so many new additions! :)










In June, we had even more wedding festivities! Julie Glendening, Lindsey Muir, Kinsey Post, Gina Muir, Pam Hageman, and Ginger Kollman threw a wedding shower for us in Stockton. Again, it was PERFECT! I had such a great time and was so happy that so many of my friends and family many of Bryant's aunts were able to make it! Later that day we all went to Hill City to celebrate Jill & Jenna's Baby Shower! What a full weekend! We also had our bachelor and bachelorette parties in June as well! The boys headed to Lawrence and the girls to Kansas City. My sister Mandy was able to get us an awesome suite at the Intercontinental on the Plaza and the boys all headed back to our house for the after party (surprisingly the house wasn't too much of a wreck!) All of my bridesmaids were there for it too, which made it even more special! Unfortunately neither of our dads or my brothers were able to make it since it was over harvest. We had WAY too much fun and I believe we both felt the after effects for several days... Unfortunately, we also made the decision to send our newest Bulldog, Peanut, to a new home this month. We tried so hard to make it work, but couldn't figure out how to make her stop attacking poor Belly. It was really hard and terribly sad, but we were able to send her to a home with no other pets and to a family with a little girl! I am sure she is absolutely loving all of the attention she is getting now! Belly is certainly liking that things went back to normal too...







In July, I moved back home from Wichita and we GOT MARRIED! Everything was even better than we could have ever imagined! I could not believe how many people helped us get everything ready and made sure that everything went perfectly. We love you all and appreciate EVERYTHING you did for us! :) We have pictures from the wedding that you can see at www.tjstudios.com. Go to "Online Viewing" and put in your email address and the password is "muir" - all lowercase. There are A TON of pictures! We were so happy that our photographers were able to capture everything...especially since the day seemed to fly by!



In August, we flew off to Mexico for our honeymoon for 7 nights. It was amazing and we didn't want to leave. It was a beautiful resort in the Riviera Maya. We had such an amazing time - mostly eating, drinking, laying in the sun and relaxing! There were 7 restaurants and they were all amazing! It was an all-inclusive resort so we ate and drank everything in sight! All the pre-wedding dieting went right out the window! :) While we were there we went on a Steak & Lobster Cruise which was beautiful. It was a Columbus ship with a saxophone player and we had dinner at sunset...ahhhh! We also went golfing one of the afternoons...well, Bryant golfed and I rode in the cart and drank Coronas! :) Once we got back I had to start getting ready for school and Bryant back to work. The good news is that this is my LAST year in school! That feels so good to say after 20 years!







Currently we are just enjoying being newlyweds! :) Bryant started playing in a softball league with some of the other guys from Stockton that live in the KC area. They play on Tuesday nights and he is having a lot of fun with it! I haven't been able to make it to a game yet, but hopefully will soon. I am again going through the interviewing process, hoping to find my job for when I graduate. Keep your fingers crossed! We still don't know where we will be living at this point next year, but are hoping we now sooner than later! This week Bryant has been on "after-hours" and has received an enormous amount of claims due to a large hail storm in North Kansas City - which means LOTS of overtime. He has been working SO hard...luckily his after-hours are over on Friday morning!

I was finally able to get my name changed and am officially Danielle Nicole Muir! :) It has been a little complicated at school - professors call me anything from "Mrs. Muir" to "Mrs. Berland to "Mrs. Berland Muir" - I'm sure it will all work it self out eventually! It seems so weird to suddenly sign a different name! I still keep messing it up whenever I introduce myself to someone new. The other day I was at the dry cleaners and had to say my name 3 times since I was stuttering and fumbling over what my name was! :) The poor lady probably thought I was a fugitive on the run!

Okay - that's all for now. I will try to post pictures from all of our summer events soon...if I can ever figure out how to put together a slide show.

Lots of Love,

Bryant, Danielle & Belly MUIR

No comments:

Post a Comment