Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Love the 80s

This week was pretty great! This past weekend we went back home to Stockton to help Kayla Hilbrink celebrate her 30th birthday! Kayla's party was on Friday and it was an 80's theme - hilarious! :) We could not believe that so many people dressed up. Everybody had great costumes and we had ALOT of good laughs. A great time was had by all and of course we all stayed up way too late - which made for a painful Saturday. While all of the costumes were great, I have to say that Michael Carpenter had the best - Pee Wee Herman! :) Verl also celebrated his birthday this past week on the 23rd - which is the same day as Kayla's birthday!





We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing with family and playing with our niece Jenna (Jamie & Jill's littlest). She is so unbelievably cute and is growing so fast. She is now 4 months old and is in the 100th percentile for height and in the 90ish percentile for weight. This will probably be the only time in that little girl's life where she is tall for her age! :)

On Sunday, before we left town, we stopped by Nate & Julie's new house. It was great to finally see it! We are so happy for them and can't wait to see all of the changes and renovations they are going to do. Congrats again! :)

Unfortunately, we had to miss the KU game this past weekend in order to go home...but we were able to watch it on TV at my parent's house. Hopefully we won't have to miss any more of the games this season! This coming weekend we play Baylor - it's an away game, so I'm not quite sure of what our plans are yet.

Over the weekend we watched Alex, my niece's dog, Max while Mandy, Justin & the kids went to Omaha for a little vacation. Max & Belly had a great time playing and snuggling all weekend long. Mandy, Justin, Alex & Ethan stopped by on Sunday night to pick up Max. It was great to see them - we ordered pizza and watched the season premiere of Desperate Housewives! I love, love, LOVE Fall TV! Currently I have a different show to watch every night! Life is good.

Bryant's softball team won two games last night - their first wins of the season! I still haven't gone to see them play, but hopefully next week their game will be earlier and I will be able to go!

Our good friends John & Laura Schmidt are expecting their first baby VERY soon! They know they are having a little boy and have named him Jude Michael. His due date is today, but he still hasn't made his appearance. Hopefully he shows up soon, but if not, they will induce Laura on next Tuesday, October 5. We are so excited for them and can't wait to meet Jude! :) Another excuse to buy cute little baby outfits!

Since I didn't really talk about Belly last time, I suppose I should let you know how he has been. He has been so good lately - which means we have been giving him lots of "cookies" - which means he has been packing on the pounds. I was yelled at a couple of years ago by our vet because Belly had gotten too overweight...I'm worried that may have happened again. We are working on getting him back on a workout schedule - this consists of Bryant using a "red-dot laser" to run him back and forth in the living room. haha! Hopefully we will have his weight back down before we have to go back to the vet again!

I forgot to mention in my last post that in August my parent's celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary! So awesome - can't wait to be doing the same thing 35 years from now! :) Here is a picture from their wedding on August 2, 1975.



Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Until next week,

Bryant, Danielle & Belly

No comments:

Post a Comment