Last night we attended the Barrister's Ball, which was held in the Crystal Room of the Eldridge Hotel. We had pre-dinner and cocktails at Yokohama Sushi Japanese Restaurant then headed to the ball. We were the first to arrive (see photo) and there was an open bar with free beer and wine. Soon however the place was packed and inebriated law students were cutting up the rug. In addition to the free beer and wine you could purchase liquor drinks. Needless to say it did not take long for the beer and wine to run dry. This in addition to my lack of boobs made getting a drink pretty difficult. I might not have even been there according to the bartenders. So I did what any ignored/impatient person might do at an open bar. I pocketed a bottle of Svedka that was on display. It was quite smooth I must admit and I even stayed put for a while trying to get a drink to no avail. Finally Danielle appeared wondering where I was. Quite proud of myself I iterated my heist to Danielle and she promptly told me to get lost and took over drink duty. I stashed the Svedka in Danielle's purse and continued enjoying the party. So stealing a bottle of vodka is no big deal right? Apparently it is. They all but shut. the party. down...for a bottle of vodka.
The bartenders quit serving drinks.
The DJ quit playing music.
They made an announcement that the ball would not continue until the bottle of vodka was returned.
I know at this point Danielle has to be freaking out (coming to the realization that she can't take me anywhere) and I don't want to be 'that guy' that gets kicked out of the law prom. Determined not to ruin Danielle's career before it even starts, I sprang into action, doing what any chivalrous man would. I re-pocketed the bottle from Danielle's purse, calmly walked to the middle of the crowded dance floor, and set the bottle down. It was even smoother than the actual heist. No one saw a thing. Eventually someone noticed the bottle, returned it to the bar and the party resumed.
Now, after the fact, I can freely admit that I was the one that stole the bottle of vodka. It would be a better story if I had gotten away with it, but in a way I kinda did, in that I didn't get caught. I guess that will teach me to mess with law students.
In an unrelated topic: while at the Eldridge I reserved room 506 for St. Patty's Day night (seemed like a good idea while I was intoxicated). Check out this website for the history of the hotel.
Perhaps I'll bring Belly along as a guard dog, haha.
All for now.....
Bryant, Danielle, and Belly
P.S. Danielle got a summer job. That pays real money. Very proud of her.
So even though I already heard this story, I still laughed just as hard reading it!
ReplyDelete