
According to the many weekly updates I get, our little poppy seed baby is currently around 4 inches (crown to rump) and 2.5 ounces...AND his/her legs out-measure his/her arms now. Hello normal proportions! :) Although if Baby M is anything like its momma it will be lucky if its legs are much longer than its arms... Sorry Baby M, but the odds that you are tall are against you...
I have noticed that there are alot of early 2nd trimester mommas on pregnancy websites that are talking about feeling the baby start to move. Many are saying they have already been feeling their babies move as early as 14 weeks! We haven't been so lucky in this house and we're still waiting for that first movement. However, most books I've read said that it's likely to be anywhere between 16 and 22 weeks...so I suppose I won't hold my breath anytime soon. I actually thought I felt movement last week, but haven't felt anything since, so I'll chalk that up to stomach grumbling! Dang.
I am trying to learn to sleep on my side, but seem to wake up on my back most mornings. I can no longer comfortably sleep on my stomach anymore...and learning to sleep in a different position has been difficult for me. I have been feeling pretty great lately - still a little tired, but I am over the sinus infection and haven't felt nauseous in several weeks. I am supposed to be getting a flu shot this coming week as well...lets hope I don't have a bad reaction to it. (I've never had a flu shot before.)
I have been wearing the belly band with my jeans more recently. I can still get my jeans buttoned but it is definitely not comfortable for very long... My works pants are still fitting fine, but my shirts are starting to seem short. Looks like I will need to start looking for some maternity tops soon. As of now I haven't gained any weight, but am about 3 or 4 pounds less than when I started...not sure how this is possible since I was only nauseous, (didn't actually throw up much) and feel like I'm still eating about the same, but Dr. Hodny didn't seem worried and I'm not going to complain!
We are celebrating Halloween this weekend with a party at the Hilbrinks! Bryant is going to be a doctor and I am going to be an x-ray patient. (It's really a skeleton, but x-ray patient goes better with Bryant's costume.) Here is my costume... (FYI: This is NOT me in the picture - my bump is nowhere near that size!)

Shaun, Whitney & Lyla are also in town this weekend! It seems like we haven't seen them forever, so we are VERY happy to have them around for a few days. Lyla is the cutest cookie monster you've ever seen! :) We are looking forward to handing out candy in Stockton this year since we will know most of the kids that will be stopping by. This is much better than handing out candy in a town where we didn't know anybody! :)
We are going to try to start taking weekly "bump" pictures - now that I'm starting to actually get a bump...so stay tuned for future pictures! :)
Happy Halloween,
Bryant, Danielle & Belly
No comments:
Post a Comment