Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Welcome to the Second Trimester

Clearly I'm behind by a few weeks...

For a quick "fruit recap" Baby M went from the size of a lime in Week 11 - to a plum in Week 12 - to a peach in Week 13 - to the size of a LEMON in Week 14...which is where we are now! Baby M is currently around 3.5 inches and 1.5 ounces. (Obviously the fruit comparison has more to do with length than weight, since a lemon definitely weighs more than 1.5 ounces.) During this week Baby M is busy doubling his/her weight from last week and is likely sucking his/her thumb and wiggling its toes! Baby M is also getting lots of lanugo (peach-fuzz like hair) all over his/her body which helps keep our little poppy seed baby warm.

The past few weeks have been fairly tame for both Bryant & I - work, sleep, work, sleep, etc. This past week I haven't felt very good - I think that my annual sinus infection has arrived. Unfortunately I can't take any antibiotics, so it looks like Mucinex and nasal spray will have to get me through this one. I have not had much of an appetite this week, but know that I need to eat something - so I'm sticking with ice cream (I need more calcium, right?!) Great way to start off my 2nd trimester. Ugh.

Yesterday I had my 2nd doctor appointment, which was the first time I was able to meet the actual doctor, Dr. Hodny. I loved him and am very happy to have a doctor that I am comfortable with. He was very thorough and sat around long enough for me to ask him all the questions I wanted to. While at the appointment I got to hear Baby M's heartbeat again, which was 156. This time was a little different because while we were trying to hear the heartbeat we kept hearing this weird bubble sound - I thought it was my stomach growling, but the nurse told me that it is actually our little poppy seed baby moving around! She then went on to tell me that Baby M is VERY active and that I could probably expect to feel some movement sooner than later...CANNOT WAIT! :) Dr. Hodny said that everything looked/sounded perfect and we scheduled our next appointment for November 28...this is a MAJOR date because we will also get to do the sonogram! YEAAAAAA for finding out if this little poppy seed is a boy or a girl!!!! :)

In other big news we ordered furniture and are starting to put the baby room together. Ahhhhh! So far Bryant has put together the dresser and changing table and they couldn't be more perfect! Hopefully we'll get the crib put together soon...I'm dying to see it finished! :) Here is what the finished product will look like.



Bryant keeps promising he will be the next to blog...so keep your fingers crossed! :)

Love & Babies,

Bryant, Danielle & Belly

1 comment: