Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sweet 16



At 16 weeks Baby M is the size of an avocado. I am starting to get confused by the fruit chart, because last week Baby M was the size of an orange - which I'm positive is bigger than an avocado...oh well, I suppose in the grand scheme of things, fruit comparisons are irrelevant! :) Either way, Baby M is around 4.6 inches long and 3.5 ounces. Oddly enough, this seems huge!

Word on the street is that at 16 weeks Baby M is now able to listen to our voices - guess we should start paying a little more attention to the content of our conversations! :) Baby M is also growing eye lashes, eye brows and hair. He/she has also begun to form taste buds. Baby M, you are welcome in advance for the large quantities of ice cream and Butterfingers that I have been consuming.

The second trimester has been going as well as can be expected. I have had a few headaches recently (although this could just be sinus issues or weather) and I have had a few nosebleeds. Apparently pregnant nosebleeds are normal...although annoying and gross. I have noticed that I feel slightly out of breath after doing simple tasks and am attributing this to pregnancy...which again is apparently normal as my insides and lungs are starting to get crowded. I definitely have a noticeable "swelling" in my abdomen and I am really starting to feel pregnant. Speaking of feeling pregnant, I still haven't felt Baby M kick - but I am so anxious for when I do! I try to lay very still every night before bed and wait for it, but nothing yet. Don't worry - you will be the first to know when I do...well after I tell Baby M's daddy of course! :)

Speaking of Baby M's daddy...Baby M doesn't know how lucky he/she is! Seriously, Bryant has been the BEST soon-to-be daddy ever. He has been working very hard on Baby M's room lately and now we have all the furniture put together, the closet organizer in and the new blinds are installed! He has also been taking great care of me and keeping me happy...which I am the first to admit is not an easy task! I am especially thankful for the ice cream that he not only gets for me, but adds awesome toppings to (like left-over Butterfingers from Halloween!)

Speaking of how lucky Baby M is, last week we received our car set and stroller travel system, thanks to Grandma Berland! I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not when I blogged about Baby M's furniture, but that was a gift from Grandma Muir! Seriously... Luckiest. Baby. Ever. Here is a picture of the travel system, it is neutral so it will be great for a boy or a girl.



Lots of love,

Bryant, Danielle & Belly

No comments:

Post a Comment