At 22 weeks Remy is a kicking, punching, and rolling machine! It seems like she is moving constantly. I am surprised at how much I can feel her now and also how strong the kicks are. Everything I have been reading says that I should be able to start figuring out her sleep cycle by when and how often she moves...but like I said, she moves ALL THE TIME! I'm starting to wonder if she ever sleeps! Uh oh.
Right now she should be around 12 inches long and anywhere between 14 and 20 ounces according to one website. Pretty much everything else says she weighs around 1 pound now. Her fruit comparison this week is a papaya (which I've never had nor seen, so I'm not sure how big this is exactly.) The books also say that she is sleeping around 12-14 hours a day (lets hope that's true) and looks like a miniature newborn.
The past week I've started to feel achy in my hips and lower back. I'm not sure if it is a sign of things to come or if it's just because I over-did it last week. (More about that in a minute.) I've been feeling alot of pressure in my lower stomach and feel like I am carrying her low. I think this is a good thing because I would take the pressure over crowded lungs ANY day! The books also say that I could get an "outtie" any day. I really hope this doesn't happen, at least not this soon...outties kind of creep me out. haha!
This past weekend we had our 4th Annual White Elephant Christmas Party. While it was in a different house this year, with different people in attendance, and I was unable to partake in the flowing wine it was still SUCH a great time! We started these parties while we were living in Eudora with our Kansas City friends, however, none of them were able to make it out here this year. This was the biggest one so far and possibly included the funniest gifts yet! Gifts ranged from half empty bottles of liquor to a bowling ball (carrying case included) to the famous As Seen On TV Eggies maker! :) In preparation for the party I did alot of running around all week, cleaning and cooking - so I think that could have contributed to my achiness. Looks like it might be time to start slowing down a little. Either way, it was a GREAT time and totally worth it! :)
We are really looking forward to Christmas this weekend and getting to see all of our families, including Mandy & family and Whitney & family! We really miss getting to see them whenever we wanted... In other family news, this past weekend my little sister, Hannah, turned 15! I cannot believe she is this old already. She is a freshmen in high school and even drives a car to and from school! I have loved every minute of watching her grow up and could not be more proud of the person she is. She is unbelievably smart, beautiful and is one of the sweetest people I know. (I can say these things here without her getting a big head because I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog! haha) Anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favorite little sister! :)
Merry Christmas!
Bryant, Danielle, Belly & Remy Cakes
No comments:
Post a Comment