Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas

We hope you all had a very merry Christmas! We had such a great weekend spending time with both of our families. The festivities started on Friday, Mandy and her family came home that day and I had the day off, so I spent the afternoon with everybody. Unfortunately, Bryant had to work on Friday, but he was able to come to my parent's house after work, so we all had dinner together.

On Saturday - Christmas Eve, Bryant woke up early to go hunting with Verl. Whitney & her family pulled into town around lunch time, so we had lunch with the Muirs and then headed back out to my mom & dad's house for the afternoon. We had an early dinner and went to Christmas Eve Mass at my church in Damar with my family. After mass we ate (again) and then opened presents at my parents' house. Holy cow are we all spoiled! Santa brought Bryant a clay pigeon thrower and some tools and I got a diaper bag and some other goodies. Even Remy was spoiled that night, getting shoes, headbands, and a homemade hoodie towel that my mom sewed. I think the kids got everything they wanted and more...Hannah with her iPad 2, Alex with an iPod touch, Ethan with a PSP, and Jenna with a Barbie four-wheeler! After getting home at around 1:30am, Bryant & I changed into different pajamas, packed up our presents for Bryant's family, picked up Belly and headed to Ruthie & Verl's to stay the night, so that we could wake up there on Christmas morning.

On Sunday, Christmas morning we awoke to Lyla patiently waiting for us to get up so she could see what Santa brought her. She asked Santa for a pink bicycle and she must have been pretty good this year, because that is exactly what she got! She was so excited and had so much fun - we loved seeing how excited she was that Santa ate his cookies and drank his milk. Again, we were very spoiled - Bryant got a new gun safe that he has had his eye on ever since we moved home and I got LOTS of super cute maternity clothes. After opening presents we ate an awesome breakfast and then got ready to head to Grandma Shirlee's for lunch. At Shirlee's we were able to visit with the Muirs and open MORE presents! Here, Bryant got a new Norelco shaver and I got a fabric steamer! YEAAAAAA! :) I know I'm getting old when I get excited about fabric steamers... After lounging around all afternoon while Bryant & Shaun went hunting, we headed back out to my parents' house for supper. *This might have been the point where I decided that I wouldn't eat again for at least a week...

On Monday, we both had the day off. Bryant & Shaun went out hunting again and then we met up with everybody at the Bowling Alley for lunch - okay, okay, so I did eat again... :) After lunch Whitney, Shaun & Lyla packed up their presents and headed back to Kansas City. Mandy & her family came to see our house (they hadn't been there yet) and to see Remy's new room. After visiting for awhile we decided to head back out to mom & dad's for the rest of the afternoon. For dinner we all went to Hill City to see Jamie & Jill's new house and to eat (yes, I said eat) AGAIN! :)

On Tuesday, Bryant & I both had to go back to work, and Mandy & Justin headed back to Kansas City. They decided to let Alex & Ethan stay at Grandma's for another week, so hopefully we will be able to see them at least a few more times before they head back home.

We are already looking forward to having another day off next week for New Year's! I'm not sure what our plans for New Year's Eve are yet, but I think we are both thinking something low-key...maybe dinner & a movie at home. :)

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year,

Bryant, Danielle, Remy & Belly

No comments:

Post a Comment