
Can you believe it's 2012?!?!

2011 was a great year, I graduated from law school, we moved back to our hometown, I passed the BAR, we both started new (and better) jobs, we began the expansion of our family, and spent many hours with our family and friends! Our little family is in a great place right now and we couldn't be happier. We have loved every minute of living in Stockton and know that we are exactly where we are supposed to be. Neither of us really made any "resolutions" but we both have goals that we want to accomplish this year...obviously one of the main goals is getting Remy here safely and then keeping her that way! :) We both have goals for our careers and for our personal lives as well. Becoming healthier is a goal that we are aware of now more than ever. We both want to be active parents and know that it's important to get back to a healthy and active lifestyle so we can keep up with our baby girl. We also want her to learn healthy habits and know that we can't expect her to form those without having those habits ourselves.
I had my 24 week appointment with Dr. Hodny on Tuesday. He said that everything looks great and I am measuring PERFECT! Great news! :) I got to listen to her heartbeat again, which was 157. She is definitely consistent. While we were listening to her heartbeat we kept hearing another weird noise and I could feel alot of movement - turns out she was hiccuping! After finding out that it was hiccups that I was feeling, I realized that she hiccups all.the.time. Poor girl! Here I thought she just never slept, but turns out it's not "movement" but hiccups that I feel all day and night. Although, her movements are getting stronger and stronger everyday - she is quite the kicker.
During the appointment I talked to him about how low she is and how much pressure I'm feeling. He did some measuring and said that she is in fact VERY low and that there's not much room for her in my short torso to move up. He isn't worried about it at this time, but said that if she's still that low at 30 weeks (when she is heavier) we may need to increase the frequency of my appointments. He also wants me to keep an eye out for any amniotic fluid that may leak. Gross. Hopefully she will just move her way up and we won't have to worry about it. Keep your fingers crossed!
My next appointment is scheduled for January 31st, when I will be 28 weeks. They sent me home with the special drink for the Glucose test, so I will be doing that next time as well.
On Thursday night I had some spotting. I called Dr. Hodny's office right away and the on-call doctor told me to go ahead and go to Labor & Delivery to get checked out. Scary! It was our first time in that section of the hospital and we were both pretty nervous about what was going on. They did a Fetal Fibronectin test, which checks to see if I'm at risk of having the baby preterm - the test was negative - GOOD THING! They also checked to make sure my cervix was closed - which it was - GOOD THING! (This is something Dr. Hodny was concerned about happening at the 30 week mark because of how low she is.) They also monitored her heart rate the entire time we were there, which was also steady and consistent - GOOD THING! She moved the entire time, reassuring us that she was just fine, which was much appreciated by both of us. Finally after a few hours of anxiously awaiting some news, the nurse said everything looked good and we could go home. No explanation for the spotting, but they didn't seem concerned. WHEW!
Remy, you are already making us a nervous mess and you're not even here yet! Please hang out for a few more months and cook. Even though we can't wait to meet you, we're not ready for you just yet... :)
In 24 weeks news, Remy is about the same size she was last week and is still being compared to a papaya. Not a whole lot of internal stuff going on right now, but it sounds like her skin is getting more opaque and is putting off a pink glow. :)
Happy New Year,
The Muirs
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!! So scary, I'm so glad that everything was ok!
ReplyDelete