Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

THIRD (and final) TRIMESTER

Welcome to the 3rd trimester! It seemed like this portion of my pregnancy would never get here...but it's here, it's finally here! There hasn't been a ton of change since last week, but I figured I'd go ahead and update the blog (even if the only people reading are my sister-in-law and mother-in-law) haha!

Looking back on pregnancy thus far, I have been incredibly lucky. I have felt great almost the entire time, have had very little stress over baby stuff and pregnancy in general, have had an amazing husband who has complied with all of my (obsessive compulsive) requests to get "baby things" done around the house, very supportive and excited friends & family, and I have never had to take a day off from work because of any pregnancy symptoms...

And have I mentioned that two of my best friends are also pregnant?!?! Seriously, I couldn't have asked for two better friends to navigate through pregnancy with. (It also doesn't hurt to have 2 other party poopers around who can't drink wine either!) Lucky I am!

Anyways, at 27 weeks, Remy is about the size of a head of cauliflower. She is around 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds. She is still practicing inhaling and exhaling and is officially showing brain activity! I am starting to figure out her schedule a little bit too. She likes to bounce around after I eat and moves the most at night when I lay down to go to bed...particularly if I lay on my right side (even though the books say to lay on your left to get her to move) I usually wake up a few hours later (to pee) and because she starting moving around again...alot! Her kicks are getting harder, although they don't seem much higher than they were last week. I'm still crossing my fingers that she is moving her way up a little by my next appointment (which is next week already). Taking stairs is getting more and more painful by the day, because of my hips; otherwise, I am still getting around pretty comfortably. I also learned my lesson about standing in heels for extended periods of time. Ouch.

I am getting really excited about our baby shower coming up in February, which Julie, Kinsey & Lindsey are throwing for us! It gives me something to look forward to and also a reason to ease up on the baby shopping! :) I am out of control. We are heading to Kansas City this weekend to see our sisters, their families, and our friends...so I'm sure there will be just a little more shopping in my near future - and then I'll stop until the baby shower, I promise!

We went to another child birth class this week and this one was intense. I actually started to feel nauseous and if the look on Bryant's face means anything, he wasn't feeling very good either. It was terrifying...seriously, terrifying. I know that I said before that maybe knowledge would take the edge off of the fear, but HOLY COW! Now I just know more things to be scared of. Although I don't think it helped that the videos they showed us were of un-medicated women. Why would you do that to yourself? Really, why? We have one more labor class, which is when we get to tour the labor & maternity ward. After that we are going to go to the caring for newborns class. I am really looking forward to that one - it can't be as scary as the labor classes! :)

Until next week,

The Muirs

4 comments:

  1. Heyyyy I read it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the birthing classes!!!!! I didn't enjoy going to those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it, too!! I hope you got good news at the doctor today. Little Remy move up a bit?? AND did you convince him to schedule another sono? lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know all my blogging isn't going unnoticed! :) Julie the appointment went good (read 28 Week post) - but it is a no go on the 2nd sonogram. I tried my hardest to convince him, but it sounds like he's heard it all from previous mamas-to-be. :)

    ReplyDelete