So the 28 week mark is almost over, but I’m going to do a post anyways. This week Remy is/was the size of a rutabaga. Now I am really lost - I’ve never even heard of one of those! (I really need to get out more!) That means she is around 1.5 to 2.5 pounds and 13.6 to 14.8 inches long. Right now she is developing more fat, which means her wrinkly skin is starting to fill out. I can’t wait to squeeze her chubby little legs! :) The books also tell me that her lungs are mature enough that if he were to be born now (which lets pray she is not) she would likely survive with the help of medical technology. While I would obviously prefer that she stay safe in my belly for a couple more months, it is a relief to know that she is entering a less scary zone if she were to be born now.
This past weekend Bryant & I made a short trip to Kansas City to see our sisters, their families, and our friends that live in KC. We had SUCH a great time - even if it was exhausting! :) We didn’t get into town until late Friday night, but first thing Saturday morning Whitney & I went shopping for baby stuff - it is unbelievable how cute (and small) everything is. Remy is already spoiled rotten and I need to get a grip and stop buying everything that I see. I may need to attend Baby Shoppers Anonymous. While we were out shopping for baby stuff, Bryant & Shaun went to Cabelas to shop for their idea of fun stuff... On Saturday night we went out to dinner with Whitney, Shaun, Lyla, Mandy, Justin, Alex, Ethan and Eli - it was so great to have everybody in one spot! After dinner we went to John & Laura Schmidt's house to see all of our friends. We haven't seen most of them for at least 6 months, so it was great catching up! We ended up going to a bar/restaurant and staying out WAY to late, which resulted in me waking up the next morning with what felt like a hangover. Ouch! Turns out pregnant people, me in particular, need their sleep! That will probably be the last attempt I make at staying up til 2 in the morning.
On Tuesday I had my 28 week appointment with Dr. Hodny, but before the appointment I had to do the Glucose Test. I am sure many of you are already aware of what this is, but in case you don’t - you have to drink a VERY sugary drink and then have your blood drawn exactly 1hour later. I believe the main purpose is to check for gestational diabetes, but there may be some other things they test for too. Thankfully I passed the test and can keep eating sugar and carbs! :) Sugar would be REALLY hard for me to give up right now - it is definitely what I am craving. I have always liked sugar (who doesn’t?) but have never eaten a large amount of it, but lately I feel like I always want Lofthouse Sugar Cookies, Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, and/or fruit. I have been eating Cuties like crazy!
After getting my blood drawn I had my regular 4 week appointment. I still haven’t gained much and am one pound under my starting weight, but my belly measured right at 29 weeks (I was 28 weeks and 4 days at the time) - so we are right on schedule! Dr. Hodny checked my cervix and said everything looked good. While she still hasn’t moved up any, she doesn’t seem to be moving down any farther either. So we will just keep an eye out. I still feel pretty good, with the exception of my hips. It’s getting harder and harder to sleep on my side because of my hips and I may have to resort to sleeping in the recliner sooner than later. I feel like I waddle everywhere I go, which Dr. Hodny said is definitely due to how low I am carrying her. Dr. Hodny also told me that as long as everything continues to be healthy we will not have another sonogram. :( HOWEVER, Julie forwarded me some info on a program at Fort Hays that needs pregnant volunteers for their sonogram classes - so I signed up and it looks like we’ll be getting to see her around the beginning of March! WE CAN’T WAIT TO SEE HER AGAIN!
Bryant has been working on her new closet doors (with the help of Grandpa Muir) and we will hopefully have everything in her room done in the next week or so! Then it’s just time to fill it up with baby stuff! :)
Lots of Love,
The Muirs
No comments:
Post a Comment