Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

31 Weeks

Here is the "bump" at 31 weeks - or "road block" as Bryant would say...he's lucky I have a sense of humor!

So my post is a little late for 31 weeks as I'm only a couple of days from 32 weeks, but better late than never. This past weekend we had our baby shower, which was unbelievable! We cannot get over how generous our friends and family are. It is amazing to know that so many people already love our little girl. Remy is so spoiled dand has more clothes and blankets than she (or I) will ever know what to do with. We were very impressed with how talented all of our friends and family are also - who knew so many of them could knit, crochet, and sew! I have some serious skills to learn... I cannot thank Julie, Kinsey, Lindsey & Debbie enough for putting everything together. It was perfect and we couldn't be luckier or happier to have them in our lives. We love you & appreciate you all.

At 31 weeks, Remy is the size of a pineapple, which means she is between 15.2 and 16.7 inches long and weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds. All five of her senses have developed and she is going through some major brain and nerve development - getting smarter and smarter everyday! She still moves around all day and you can actually see my stomach moving...kinda creepy. Bryant has gotten to feel/see her movements much more lately which is exciting!

I am still feeling pretty good, although I am getting more and more uncomfortable by the day. Sleeping isn't what it used to be due to my sore hips and c.r.a.z.y. dreams! The most recent weird one was that lions and coyotes were surrounding our house and Belly was stuck outside. Of course we had to save him! Scary stuff. I don't know much about dreams, but I wonder if this has something to do with my fears about how he'll behave once Remy gets here. Hopefully he takes the change well...otherwise we may have to throw him to the wolves, errr lions. (Just kidding! I'm glad Belly can't read!)

I had another check-up today with Dr. Hodny. Everything looks great, I measured right at 32 weeks (which I will be in 2 days) and my blood pressure was normal and her heart rate was strong - 152. Originally I was supposed to have my next appointment in 2 weeks, but since everything is going so well, we are going to wait until 3 weeks from now. Dr. Hodny said things couldn't be going better, which is always a huge relief.

In other exciting news, Fort Hays State needed pregnant volunteers for their sonogram class, so we will be getting to see Remy again soon! We are scheduled for March 5. I will be 33 weeks, so I hope she's not "too" big and that we can still see all of her little features. Either way, it will be fun to get to see her one last time before THE day.

I cannot believe that April 21 is coming up so quickly. Our world is about to be turned upside down and I'm not sure exactly how to prepare for that...so I guess we'll just feel our way through it! :) We can't wait to meet her, see what she looks like, and watch her personality grow. Soon all of the guessing about who she will look like will be over and all those cute little clothes folded so neatly in her drawers will be consuming my laundry room... We are heading to KC soon to shop and get the last of the necessities and then we will be sitting and waiting, patiently I'm sure!

Until next week,

Bryant, Danielle, Remy & Belly

No comments:

Post a Comment