At 32 weeks Remy is the size of a squash, which is between 2.5 to 3.8 pounds and measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches. These are the same approximate measurements as last week, which is a little confusing. I am SO excited about my sonogram that is scheduled for next Monday so that we have a better idea of how big she is getting. So far everything seems very normal, so I am guessing she is average in size...one of the few times in life "average" is a good thing! :) The websites and books tell me she is likely in the head down position and is probably starting to get a little cramped. I would definitely agree with the getting cramped part, especially considering how short my torso is. Poor girl never had a chance at being comfortable!
Fortunately, I still feel decent...notice I am not saying "pretty good" anymore! I shouldn't complain (although that doesn't stop me) because I am still sleeping pretty good (even if I wake up at least twice a night to pee) and I don't have much swelling. One of my biggest complaints is that I am having a hard time bending over (whether it's to pick up Belly's toys or put on shoes). I also am having a hard time getting clothes out of our top loading washing machine... I guess that's what happens when you're as wide as you are tall! :( Bryant may need to starting assisting me with laundry duty. Rolling over at night is still uncomfortable and a little painful, but on the other hand, I also feel like I'm actually starting to be able to sleep for longer periods on each side, so I'm not rolling over as much...so I guess I'm breaking even. My waddle is more pronounced and I don't try to correct it as much as I used to. I have definitely entered the "I'm pregnant and I don't care if I walk like a 400 pound person who has one leg longer than the other" phase. :)
In exciting/mildly terrifying news, I scheduled my first jury trial today. It's set for April 5, 2012, so hopefully I will still be on my feet and working at that point. I am really excited about it, but am a little nervous about how I will be handling myself at 38 weeks. I have been joking that I would go into labor during court...but now it seems like it's an actual possibility. And it's not just "court" - but a full on JURY TRIAL. Did I mention that we are inviting the high school/junior high students to come watch?!?! No pressure...
This past weekend we finished up our baby shopping! Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know I'm obsessively organized... We have been so fortunate to each have a sister that has recently had a baby so we are getting LOTS of hand me downs! I have also started packing my bag for the hospital and we are planning on installing the car seat this weekend. Actually, we will be having my brother Jamie install it since he is a "Certified Baby Seat Installer" (I'm sure there is a more technical name, but I don't know it! Either way, he's a State Trooper and he knows what he's doing.)
Belly has been getting more and more inquisitive as to why we spend so much time in Remy's room and who all this stuff belongs to. We set up the baby swing last night and he was not too sure about it, especially once it started moving. On the flip side, he seems pretty respectful of her toys and seems to know the difference between what is his and what is hers. (With the exception of one of her toys that squeaks.) Lets see how long that lasts...
Until next week,
Bryant, Danielle, Remy & Belly
No comments:
Post a Comment