Well, kind of. At 29 weeks I feel like things are starting to speed up. I am a planner by nature, so I have stayed on top of my “to-dos” and have gotten pretty much everything organized around the house. This past weekend I went through and made room in the linen closet for her towels and bath supplies - cleaned out a cupboard in the kitchen for her bottles - made room in one of the kitchen drawers for her bibs - and I also washed all of the clothes, blankets, and bedding we have for her as of right now. It is surreal that we are making room for a new little person in our house, lives, and future. It was one thing to get her room prepared, but now her “stuff” is starting to seep out into the rest of the house, making it more and more exciting everyday. Things are starting to get real people!
I had the best time sorting, washing, drying, and folding her little clothes. I am positive that this attitude towards her laundry won’t last forever, but for right now I can’t help but smile every time I look at her tiny little clothes...especially her socks. Also, the smell of Dreft is unbelievable (even if ridiculously over-priced).
In baby progress, Remy is the size of an acorn squash. She likely measures around 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighs between 2.5 and 3.8 pounds. That seems like a pretty big gap, and I think she probably weighs somewhere right in the middle. Especially since my stomach is right on track for 29 weeks, I would say she is “average” in size. I am feeling lots of kicks and it almost feels like she is an octopus, as I feel lots of movement in different spots on my stomach all at the same time (as if she was playing the piano on my insides.) She has the hiccups fairly often. I also have noticed that she seems to be pretty lazy on the weekends, without much movement. Sounds about right, if she’s anything like me! :) I’m crossing my fingers that this is one behavior of hers that will stick around after she’s born...one can hope right?!?!
Bryant & I had a pretty low-key weekend. Bryant had to work Saturday morning, so I took Hannah shopping for her first prom dress in Hays. After several dresses and an equal amount of hours we found THE ONE! She looked gorgeous in the dress and it made me a little sad that she is growing up so fast. Not only did we find the dress, but we also found jewelry to match. (You’re welcome mom!) :) On Sunday we celebrated the Super Bowl by ourselves with wings and pigs-in-a-blanket. Nothing exciting, but it was just kind of a boring weekend (which was very welcomed by me).
Tonight we are going to the Newborn Care Class with Julie & Nate at the hospital. I am really looking forward to this one as it has been awhile since I took care of a newborn and Bryant really hasn’t had any experience caring for a newborn at all. I am sure we will learn a ton and I’m just hoping that we can still remember all the info once Remy gets here and we are sleep deprived messes! I suppose when in doubt - call one of the grandmas! :)
Until next time,
The Muirs
No comments:
Post a Comment