Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, March 30, 2012

Full Term Baby!

At 37 weeks this little girl is considered full term! :) This means she has developed her most crucial functions. I really never thought this week would get here. While technically she is full term, it is probably better that she "cook" for a few more weeks, but if she were born right now there would likely be no issues (at least with regard to her development) and it would be considered safe. Whew! I know March of Dimes is doing a big push with how important it is to make it to at least 39 weeks because of brain development, but I guess at this point it's all up to her! Basically over the next few weeks she will just continue to get healthier and stronger.

Remy stats this week: She likely measures around 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs between 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. She is gaining about 1/2 ounce each day. What a minute??? 9.2 pounds!!! AHHHHHH! Please God don't be so cruel. Her food comparison is a watermelon this week, which sounds about right. :) At least it looks like I swallowed one. She still moves around all the time, although now it feels more like sliding than kicking. I really feel sorry for her and how cramped she must be. I have also noticed that she has been having hiccups more frequently. Poor girl! I really am going to miss feeling her move all the time once she is here...especially after I go back to work and don't have her with me all the time. :(

On Wednesday I had my check-up with Dr. Hodny. Again, everything looked as normal as can be and we are moving along schedule. I actually lost two pounds, which he didn't seem concerned about because my belly measured at 37 weeks - so I'm still getting bigger! (Seriously, I don't know how much bigger I can get!) My blood pressure is still great and her heart rate was 140, which is also great. I am not dilated and he thinks it will be awhile before she makes her debut. He also confirmed again that she is head down and ready to go. I will start going to weekly appointments from now on, so my next appointment is next Wednesday...the day before my first jury trial.

This week seemed to crawl by. Bryant & I have both been busy at work and now that it's light outside for longer, it seems like the days are never-ending. I love this time of year and all the sunshine, but right now I just want to get through as many days as quickly as possible!

I am still uncomfortable and getting more and more anxious by the day. I am trying to keep myself busy so I don't stare at the clock, but doing anything for too long just makes me exhausted. All of the books and websites say that I will start "nesting" soon, but I'm pretty sure I've been doing that since the moment I found out we were expecting. I am compulsively organized and clean most of the time anyways, so I don't feel like anything is different right now. I definitely am getting the "overheating" they talked about. While the weather has been great, I am hot. hot. hot. all the time! I know it's too early to turn on the A/C, but by the time I get home from work I can't get cooled down quick enough. I am also starting to get some swelling, mostly in my feet, ankles, and hands which is not enjoyable.

Here is the "bump" (and I use that term loosely) at 37 weeks!


Until next week,

Bryant, Danielle, Remy & Belly

No comments:

Post a Comment