We're getting close! At 33 weeks, Remy is the size of a honeydew, which she means she should weigh around 4 pounds and is between 17.2 to 18.7 inches long. Her bones are hardening and she's beginning to coordinate sucking, breathing, and swallowing - all very important skills. She's keeping her eyes open when she's awake now and is going through some major brain development.
All the books say I should be having pregnancy symptoms such as: headaches, dizziness, and feeling overheated, but I haven't experienced any of those yet. I do however feel like I am short of breath often and have a hard time getting up from the couch. Sitting isn't very comfortable very long periods of time, mostly because I feel like she is squishing my insides, but it's usually goes away if I stand up for a little bit.
I said earlier that she "should" weigh around 4 pounds, but during our sonogram yesterday (03/05/12) we found out that she is closer to 4 pounds, 11 ounces - which means she might be a chunky thing. Of course this information can be off a little, so she could be more or less...but we won't know for sure until she's here! The ultrasound tech thought that she looked like she weighed more than average, but seemed to be shorter than average too...wonder where she gets that from!?!?
This sonogram was very different than the one I had at 19 weeks. First of all it was an educational sonogram so there were 2 students that each took a turn practicing on me. While the students practiced the teacher was explaining to them what they were seeing (in medical lingo) therefore I had NO idea what they were looking at or talking about. This went on for about 40 minutes. Finally, after the students were finished the teacher went back through and showed me all of the fun stuff and pointed out all of her body parts in English. :) The second reason this sonogram was very different was that at my last one Remy weighed around 10 ounces, so you could fit her entire body in the ultrasound window at one time. This time you could only see one body part at a time and she looked cramped! Here are some of the things we learned at the sonogram (some of which I already knew):
1. Her heart, kidneys, bladder and stomach look perfect! All parts are where they are supposed to be and in working order.
2. She has a cute little perfectly round head.
3. She still likes to keep her arms up over her face, making it difficult to see her face at all...but we still managed to get a few facial pictures.
4. She is DEFINITELY a she! :)
5. She has fat little cheeks.
6. She is in the head down position...ready to go!
7. She is mostly face down, but is laying slightly on her left side.
8. She is doubled over and her feet and hands are in about the same spot (when she's not using her hands to cover her face that is!)
9. She has a fat "big toe" - just like her mama.
10. She is the sweetest thing I have ever seen!!!!!
They gave me actual pictures, so I still need to scan them and download them before I can share them here, but I promise we'll do it soon. Bryant wasn't able to come to this sonogram, so my mom went with me. It was so much fun - I still can't believe she will be here so soon! Judging by how cramped she was, I'm sure she won't complain when she makes her way into the real world. The sonogram tech told me that from her weight she could come a week early, but from her length she could be a few days late. Only time will tell...
Until Week 34,
Bryant, Danielle, Remy & Belly
No comments:
Post a Comment